Followers

Friday, December 1, 2023

Red and Gold Floral on Die Cut Divas

 Happy December everyone!

Today I am sharing a Christmas card created using a non-traditional Christmas stamp on Die Cut Divas Challenge blog.  


I used Altenew Build-a-Garden Japanese Anemone to create my project.  I first stamp the flowers on white card stock, ink blended, and then die cut.  Since the background panel I am using is black with gold splatter and gold embossing (paste), I colored the die cut's edges with a black marker.  I added a gold heat embossed sentiment, matted with black card stock, and embellished with Altenew Antique Gold sequins.

This beautiful Altenew Build-a-Garden Japanese Anemone set was generously donated by Altenew, thank you Altnew!!  


Altenew is the sponsor of this month's Die Cut Divas Challenge.  And the theme is: Flowers.  So bring out your favorite flower stamps and dies and play along.  

And since I got this set out I may as well make another card.


This version is more Spring-like, I use a light pink palette for it.  I also stamped the flowers twice, and trimmed off part from both, and arranged them as shown on card to fill the slimline card.

Challenges:



Supplies (for 1st card):

Ranger Distress Ink (Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey)
Hero Arts Glimmer Metallic Gold Ink


Supplies (for 2nd card):
Altenew Dot Botanicals Clear Stamp Set
Ranger Distress Ink (Spun Sugar, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey, Crushed Olive)
Altenew Crisp Dye Ink (Purple Wine, Puffy Heart)
Hero Arts Dye Ink (Field Greens)
Nuvo Glitter Drops (Gold Coast)


Thanks for coming over to my blog.  Have a fabulous day!




4 comments:

Arlene said...

WOW, Both cards are wonderful. Edging the flowers on your 1st card with a black marker was perfect - no white lines! It is stunning.

I so like your 2nd card too because it's playful and makes you want to see Spring.

Dawn T said...

Amazing Cindy. Two beautiful cards . Love the striking contrast on your first one and the soft beautiful colours

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous cards using the anemone set, Cindy!! That white on black looks amazing with the gold splatters and I love the spring-y slimline too!!

Greta said...

So fun to see the same stamp set used for 2 totally different looking cards! Really love the first elegant, striking card!