Followers

Monday, November 1, 2021

Diamond Wire Frame on Die Cut Divas

Hello,

November is here and so is a new challenge on Die Cut Divas.  This month's theme is: Slimline or Mini Slimline.  

Here's my take:

I used Kat Scrappiness' Slimline Diamond Wire & Wood Grain Frame Die, I placed it on top of an acetate painted with alcohol ink to create a free 'stained glass' look.  This panel is then attached to a white slimline cardbase with foam adhesive.  

I embellished with some florals and leaves, and added a tag with gold heat embossed 'noel' tied with gold thread.  I also splattered gold metallic ink on the florals and leaves.  The card size is 3 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches.


And while I got the supplies out, why not make another?!


For my second project I change the orientation and made it a shaker card.  

The Slimline Diamond Wire die cut was done in black card stock, and I coat it with Opal Magic Yellow Pink Acrylic Paint.  I did the same with the die cut florals, but on the floral I added a coat of Metallique Frozen Berries Acrylic paint and sprinkled some glitter.  I added silver glitter leaves to the floral arrangement et voila! 

Here's a closer look of all the glittery goodness.


Our sponsor for November is Kat Scrappiness and the challenge prize is ... a Kat Scrappiness Gift Pack valued at least $25.

Come on over to the Die Cut Divas Challenge Blog to see more inspiration projects and details of the challenge!


Supplies:

Ranger Alcohol Inks (Lettuce, Sunshine Yellow, Aquamarine)
Ranger Alcohol Alloy Ink (Gilded)
Versamark Watermark Ink
Wow Metallic Gold Rich Super Fine Embossing Powder
Prima Opal Magic Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint (Yellow Pink)
Prima Metallique Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint (Frozen Berries)


Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a lovely day!



6 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two stunners Cindy. Love them both.

Michelle N. said...

Wow-both stunning cards! Love how you decorated the second card and made it a shaker!

Sue McRae said...

Love the colour palette on both cards!

Karen L K said...

Very nice cards! That is a cool background die. I also like all the different things you did with the flowers especially the paint and glitter!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fabulous slimlines with that frame, Cindy!! I ended up buying the mini slim version - now I might have to get the longer one :) Just love both your cards!!

Arlene said...

These are both absolutely gorgeous! I love both of them.