Followers

Friday, March 24, 2017

Let's Chat Over Coffee




I am delighted to play along the Spring Coffee Lovers' Bloghop 2017.  Without further ado here's my first card for the hop.



To create this card,  I first stamped and white embossed the sentiment and coffee beans (both from Altenew Coffee Love set) onto my Mocha card base (from the Hero Arts Earth Mixed Folded cards).

Next, with Hero Arts Coffee Cup Tag frame cut I die cut using pattern paper the cup, and white CS the lid.  Then I adhered three flowers I already have in my stash (made from before).  

Then I die cut the humming birds using Hero Arts Paper Layering Hummingbird Pair Fancy Dies, and colored with Twinkling H2O watercolors. The vellum steam are free hand cut.  

Lastly I adhere everything onto my card as shown.  I am quite pleased how it turn out, but not able to photograph the subtle shimmer on the birds.  Believe me it looks much better in real life.  Here's a little close up.

  

a2z Scrapbooking Supplies, of which I am a DT member, is one of the Super Sponsors of this hop.  Go over Here to see what my team mates have created.  Make a coffee/cocoa/tea theme card to join in the fun.

The Hero Arts Paper Layering Hummingbird Pair Fancy Dies are available at a2z.  Get yours today, obtain 15% off any purchasing $25 or more (excluding shipping) by using my promote code Cindy15 at the a2z Scrapbooking Supplies store

I am going to give away my card to one randomly selected commenters. Just leave me a comment on this blog post and be my follower.  You have until March 31st, 11:59 pm EDT to enter.  Winner will be announced April 3rd. 

Supplies:




Twinkling H2O watercolors

Hero Arts Pigment Ink - Unicorn

White embossing powder

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a sweet day and happy hopping!!


49 comments:

Macimbalo said...

I love those hummingbirds and love how you used them! Awesome card!

Carol McCready said...

I never knew a coffee card could look so elegant. It's beautiful.

Sue McRae said...

What a fabulous card Cindy, you combined so many great elements. Love the soft colours of the hummingbirds and the added vellum steam.

2amscrapper said...

wow so creative and downright gorgeous!

Connie Mercer said...

Very inspiring card, so beautiful :)

Arlene said...

WOW, what a beauty.

Shelly said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the hummingbirds with the coffee cup, Cindy! So sweet with the trio of flower blossoms!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is so pretty, Cindy! I love those colorful hummingbirds! This is a brilliant spring design!

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card! Love the details on the hummingbirds! I miss using Twinking H2Os.

Maria said...

Oh, my! What a gorgeous card with the birds and the coffee cup! Gorgeous soft colors...so pretty!

Dorthy said...

Love the hummingbirds with your coffee cup. Would not have thought of this, but will certainly case the idea. Great card.

JenniferPetty said...

love how you make the birds drink the coffee.....

Becca Yahrling said...

Hi Cindy! This is simply stunning. I love this (I'm also a birdie lover).
(And a P.S. Thank you for always commenting on my cards on Flickr - you are so very kind).

Karen Letchworth said...

This is FABULOUS!! I'm a coffee lover, too. Thanks for sharing your talents.

For another fun challenge, you're welcome to join us at Word Art Wednesday (our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp). We'd love to have you. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful birds and such a pretty layout! Perfect for spring. Great job!

DonnaMundinger said...

This is gorgeous! What a brilliant design! xxD

Fikreta said...

great card!

Migdalia said...

Stunning & Beautiful!!!

Helen said...

Great way to celebrate Spring and Coffee...your images and colors bring out this theme loud and clear. Thanks for sharing this.

Ann said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Elegant 3D card. Very pretty!

~amy~ said...

Oh Cindy, this is absolutely STUNNING. I love the addition of the hummingbirds.

Vonmariedesign said...

So pretty, love the hummingbirds!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely stunning card. Your coloring is magnificent.

Cheri Burry said...

Love everything about your card!

Nikki said...

Very elegant card you have made

Carrie k said...

Beautiful card !!!!

Tink said...

Beautiful card!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Such an elegant card!!!

New Creations said...

Love the sweet elements and detailing work on this pretty card!

Hetty said...

Cindy, your card is absolutely stunning. The flowers on the cup are beautiful and the birds make it so special.

Helen Gullett said...

Cindy, that is the sweetest card!! Love how you combine the birds and cup'

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This is a gorgeous card!

Cynthia Cole said...

Such a beautiful card!

Lisa said...

Such a beautiful card... the soft colors... the beautiful hummingbirds.. and love the design!

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I love the way you colored the beautiful hummingbirds!

Tracie Pond said...

This is spectacular!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Such divine hummingbirds!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card and I love the hummingbirds.

Jessica Lynn from JessicaLynnOriginal Studios said...

Fabulous! I love the Coffee Lovers Blog hop I am always so inspired by all of the amazing card and crafting artists. I really love your card. <3

Have a great day!
Jessica Lynn
http://www.jessicalynnoriginal.net

Unknown said...

I just love the elegance of this card. The hummingbirds are beautiful.

SugarGem said...

So so beautiful

Psychomak said...

Perfect. Coffee is the nectar of the Gods and even the hummingbirds know it.

Kelly said...

stunning Card!!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Cindy

Monika Reeck said...

wooow cindy the bird is stunning wooowww I wish I can coloring like you did and the three flowers are adorable
great card miss Cindy
and many thanks for visiting my Blog
can we be blogland friend and visiting each other more often..
i love your style
and I love CAS card too.
big hugs from Germany
Monika

D.Ann C said...

Oh, my! I love your super gorgeous card! The flowers! The birds! The lid off and fab 'steam'... love it all!! Following now!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh wow, this is so beautiful