Followers

Friday, August 2, 2019

Simon Says Stamp Flickr One Layer Challenge

Hello everybody,

I am so excited about today's post, I am invited to be a Guest Designer for the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #129, the theme is: One Layer.  This challenge starts Friday August 2nd and ends Thursday August 15th, 9:00am EDT.  Check details here.

Birthday and Christmas are two occasions I make most cards for, and I send them often via snail mail. So one layer cards are best to avoid bulkiness.  Now having that said, one does not need to sacrifice style to have a one layer card.  With some careful planning, a one layer card can be as pretty as a layered card.

I created two cards today.  The first one is a birthday card.


I masked the center and lower half of the card, stamped Simon Says Stamp Center Cut Flower in Archival Jet Black ink using my MISTI.  Then turn the card around, masked the center and the other
half of card and repeat the stamping.

Then I drew the lines in the center of the card to make it looks like a banner.  I stamped the sentifment in black and then the thick dotted lines in soft grey.

The flowers are watercolored, the centers are dotted with Onyx Pearl Liquid Pearl, the decorative dots along the leaves are dotted with White Opal Liquid Pearl.




I also stamped a matching envelope in Soft Grey.

For the my second card I made a Christmas card but in a less traditional color scheme.



To make this card, I started by making a dry impression using Simon Says Stamp Wavy Scallop Stitched Die on a white card base with silicone mat underneath the card base.  But I placed a light weight card stock on top of the card (but under the cutting die) when I pass it thru the die cut machine.  This way the light weight card stock is cut thru at the same position and I used it to doing masking.


Next I stamped the flower and leaves and colored with pencils.  Then I masked the lower part of the card starting at the stitch line, and stamped the plaid pattern in Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, and Picked Raspberry.  




Then I masked the scallop area and used an ink applying tool to apply Peeled Paint (this step I didn't take photo).

The sentiment is stamped in black.  And for I splattered some Perfect Pearl solution all over.



I hope you enjoy my cards.  Come on over to flickr and play along with us.  Link here.


Supplies


Alternew Watercolors 36 Pan Set
Primsacolor Coloring Pencils
Ranger Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, Picked Raspberry)
Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
Ranger Perfect Pearl (White Opal, Onyx Pearl)
Ranger Perfect Pearl Powder
Memories Shadow Ink (Soft Grey)
Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)


Thanks for visiting me.  I wish you a lovely day!


5 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards. The first one looks like more layers...so you did a great design on that one.

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards Cindy. Love the one layered one. It's done perfectly. And love the process of the second one

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Cindy! Especially love the one with the flower on the scalloped border - so pretty with the plaid!!

creationsnz said...

Love your floral card Cindy, and your plaid card must've taken ages to make! I love that your style is so different each time. CarolG

Greta said...

Your cards are so creative & beautiful, Cindy! Wonderfully inspiring!