Followers

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Altenew Academy Paper Crafting and Beyond Class Homework 2

Hi,

I am back with another Altenew on-line class homework.  This time our objective is to create paper rosette(s) for a project of choice. 

I believe this is the very first time I make a rosette.  So I was eager to try, but I was stumped for a few days because I am not sure what to do with it.  Then I saw on my desk the Altenew Book Club stamp and die and an idea sparked.  :)

I made a mini rosette to go in the middle of the Book Club stamp image, and this piece will be use to decorate my journal cover.


I stamp and heat emboss the Book Club stamp with Brass EP on watercolor paper, then watercolored it.  Once it dries, I'd die cut it with the matching die.  

In the mean time, I worked on my rosette.  The diameter of the circle is 2 inches, so I thought I'd use a one inch wide strip of paper to fold.  At first I didn't want the rosette to be too thick so I score at 1/8 of an inch.  Well that didn't work too well, first of all it was very hard to fold, and second the result is too large (forgot that we need space in the middle).  So I started over but this time I went with 3/4 inch wide paper and fold at 1/4 inch instead.


The piece on the right hand side is the one I used and adhere to my Book Club image piece.  I glued a little flower die cut from the Layered Floral Element Dies set in the middle and added the embossed year, embellished with a few sequins.


I am quite pleasde how it turned out!!  The rosette fitted perfectly!

I am going to link up to these challenge:








Supplies:

Little Things from Lucy's Cards Sequins (Sorbet)

Thanks for coming over to my blog.  I wish you a sweet day!




6 comments:

Chark said...

so beautiful!

Virginia L. said...

I love your use of Rosette for the book club stamp and die! Totally original and creative, Cindy! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL!

Dawn T said...

beautiful Cindy. It is a stunning card and love the stitching element on the card.

fairyrocks said...

Beautiful Card, I can't believe you scored that rosette by hand. Well done indeed! Keep smiling and creating.

Janis Godwin Spear said...

I love the way you used the stamp to "hold" the rosette! Just gorgeous!

Liz O. said...

I loved that you included the new Book Plate stamp behind the rosette! Nicely done Cindy!