Followers

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Playing Cards with Michele

 Hello,

I am super delighted to be Playing Cards with Michele today.  And here's the deed:

Make a card that makes YOU happy!
Use a favorite product, stamp, die, or technique you love!
Deliver that card to someone who brings happiness into your life -
hand delivered or mailed!  

At first I thought easy, there are so many stamps that makes me happy!  But uh oh, which one do I choose?!  LOL

August is National Happiness Happens Month!  So I do hope this card will make someone happy!!  Psst btw, this card is already sent out by snail mail.




Floral image always makes me happy, I chose Altenew Craft Your Life Project Kit: Always Sunshine to be the key element of my card.  I used both the matching stencil and stamp set to add color to the outline image.  

The ombre colored background panel is dry embossed.  No, I didn't ink blend the background panel, it's from the gradients slimline paper pad (Studio Light).

The sentiment (from Simon Says Stamps Kind Flower Stamp set) is black heat embossed on vellum.  To embellish the card I added a few Altenew Glacier Caves enamel dots.

Thank you, Michele for inviting me to play cards with you.  Now, my dear readers, please hop over to Michele's blog: I Card Everyone and see what Michele created for us.

Last but not least, here's a link to National Happiness Happens Month: https://nationaltoday.com/happiness-happens-month/


Supplies:

Simon Says Stamps Kind Flower Clear Stamp Set (retired)
Altenew Dye Ink (Citrus Burst, Bamboo, Sunkissed)
Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)
Ranger Distress Ink (Crushed Olive, Wild Honey, Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preserve)
Clear Embossing Powder

Thanks for visiting, I wish you a happy day!!

20 comments:

Dawn T said...

This is so beautiful Cindy. A really lovely card

I Card Everyone said...

Cindy! I think it is absolutely wonderful that ALTENEW products came out to Play in BOTH of our crafty spaces! If I could, I'd have every single Craft your Life set - especially this lovely you've used today. That climbing flower is such a pretty addition!
Dry embossing continues to make me happy - this dimension and detail is SO fabulous in real life and I love the gradient paper! Thank you so very much for sending this wonderful card to me, Cindy - what a nice surprise! [it was terribly hard not to open it before this morning!]
Thank you for Playing Cards with me today - it totally made me happy! xx
=] Michele

Cat Craig said...

Cindy, I popped over from Michele's blog. This is a lovely card I especially love the ombre embossed panel backing it all up.

Bonnie said...

No doubt this is going to make someone happy, Cindy! These beautiful flowers make me happy to see them and I love the background!

Lisa Elton said...

Hi Cindy, I've popped over from Michele's blog! Your card is beautiful. The colors and flowers sure make me happy and I love the little strip of vellum you used for your sentiment

Cindy C. said...

Thank you so much Dawn.

Cindy C. said...

Thanks so much Cat!!

Cindy C. said...

Thanks so much Lisa!

Leslie Miller said...

It's so nice to meet someone new who has a common interest, Cindy! Your card is beautifully done with lovely Altenew products. Your stenciling is perfect and I love the embossed background. Nice when the paper helps you out like this. Wishing you a happy Happiness Happens Month!

donna mikasa said...

You and Michele have such a way with designing Altenew's floral collection! I'm glad to see you had so much fun playing cards with her--your card is stunning!

Cindy C. said...

Thanks so much Bonnie!

Cindy C. said...

Thanks so much Leslie!

Cindy C. said...

Thanks so much Donna!

Cindy C. said...

And I am very happy as well, thanks for the invite. And I am so delighted to add your beautiful card on my display boardfor all my family to enjoy as well.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a lovely floral spray with the embossed ombre behind, Cindy!!

Cindy C. said...

Thanks so much Linda!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a gorgeous creation, Cindy. Your card is fabulous and a wonderful make with Michele's CWF parameters. Your coloring is amaing and I really love your use of vellum. Bravo!

Cindy C. said...

Thanks so much Stephanie!

Linda Callahan said...

Your trailing floral definitely makes me happy! Beautifully done!

Cindy C. said...

Thanks so much Linda.