Followers

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Creations Scrapbook Centrale Creative Team Project 2024-Apr-16

 Happy Tuesday everyone,

I am very excited to share my art journaling page today because I tried a very fun technique called 'toilet paper casting'.  Do a search on YouTube, there are plenty videos to inspire you.

This is my team project for the Creations Scrapbook Centrale FB group.  Our April challenge theme is The Ocean/Sea Mysteries, and/or the color: Turquois.


I started my page by spraying some Ocean Gloss Spray, then I used Turquois Scribble Stick to add some more colors, then I stenciled with Blue Lagoon Shimmer Paint.  Next I added some Round Art washi tape, then I stenciled with Crackle Paste.  

Uh oh, here comes a problem, the crackle paste did not stick on the surface of the washi.  After the paste dried, all the ones overlay the washi tape fell off!  So I stamped some text with black archival ink and carried on.  I hand cut the sea horses from patterned paper, and adhere them with gel medium.  Then stamped the sentiment with archival ink.

Next come the very fun part of the project.  Yes, the toilet paper casting.  I used a large sea shell I collected from a past trip.  After layered the toilet paper (spritzed with water each time, and pound with a blunt brush) over the top of the shell, I let it dry overnight. 

I peeled off the casting and this is what I found:


The details are quite nice.  But wait, the underside is even better.


I trimmed the excess paper from the edges, and splattered some  Aquamarine and Gold Pearl metallic watercolor on it.  Then I glue it on the page with a real pearl on it.  I was going to use an art pearl, but didn't have one that size.  So I used one I took off from a bracelet too large from my wrist.  

Et voila!


I absolutely love how this page turned out even with the little mishap along the way.

The supplies I used are shown in the photos below (except the Altenew Metallic Watercolor):



Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!








1 comment:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous page, Cindy! Just love the paper casting of the shell - such a cool technique!!