Followers

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Scrapbook Centrale Creative Team Project 2023-Aug-30

 Hello there,

I am presenting to you my Scrapbook Centrale Creative Team project, a simple journaling page.  Most of time when I start a journaling page, I tend to think mix media and multiple layers.  But it's a simple one today.

Our August challenge theme is: Animal/Insects.

For the background, I usedd Stampers Anonymous Bubbles Cling Stamp.  I first inked with various distress inks, then spritz with water, and placed my watercolor journaling panel onto it to absorb the colors.  After that dried, I inked the stamp with Hero Arts mid-tone shadow ink (Soft Granite) and stamp onto the journal panel slightly off-set.  Then I spritzed the bottom of the page with water and let the wet ink dripped down to the bottom edge.

Next I stamped the butterfly with archival black ink.  Then stamped the same butterfly with black Staz-on ink on acetate.  I hand cut the acetate butterfly, bend the wings upward, and adhere the body to the page.  And finally I added Tim Holtz idea-ology label sticker.

Tips:  to make it easier to see the image when hand cutting acetate, adhere a post it note on the back of acetate.  Now you could see clearly.

Supplies used from my project shown in photographs below:



Thanks for coming over.  Have a lovely day!


2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the look of the buttefly on acetate, Cindy, and what a fabulous background!!

Dawn T said...

Such a great project Cindy. Love the simplicity but elegance of your page. Love the butterfly done on the acetate. Looks like it's flying off the page.