Followers

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Scrapbook Centrale Creative Team Project 2023-Jul-01

 Hi, welcome back to my blog.

It's my turn to post an inspiration project on Creations Scrapbook Centrale FB page today.  Our July challenge theme is Garden.  I am hosting the challenge this month, and I've created some sub-themes for fun.  From the first to the tenth this month, the sub-theme is ornamental/flowering garden. 

The inspiration of my projects comes from the beautiful Lily of the Valley in my garden.

I altered/decorated a plain wood clip frame using Hero Arts Lily Of The Valley Fancy Die.  


The frame is 8 by 8 inches.  I was so excited to start the project, I've forgotten to take a photo of it before I start.  So here's a shot right before I completely covered the front of the frame with Black Gesso.


While that dries, I water colored two pieces of mix media paper panels with various shades of green.


Then I die cut a whole bunch of leaves as well as some flowers and buds out of these two panels.  Also I die a bunch of flowers and buds from Spellbinders Color Essentials CS (Alabaster).

I shaped the leaves and flowers/buds before arranging them at the bottom of the frame.  To ground the Lily of the Valleys, I added a strip of corrugated panel also painted with black gesso.


To make it even more 3 dimensional and sturdy, the flowers and stems are doubled up.



Supplies I used:

Ranger Distress Ink (Peeled Paint)
Art Basics Heavy Gesso (Black)


Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a fabulous day!





2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love your lilies of the valley as a decor project, Cindy!! Gorgeous gradient of colors!!

Dawn T said...

Absolutely amazing Cindy. Loved seeing the process.