Followers

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Watercolor Mini Gerbera on Die Cut Divas

 Hi there,

Hope you're doing well.  It's April 1st, but I am just sharing a pretty card, no joke.  

April's challenge theme on Die Cut Divas is Watercolors!  Yay, watercolor is one of my favorite media.  Our sponsor is Altenew, and the challenge prize is:

Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set valued at $49.99 USD


For my card, I used the Altenew Mini Gerbera stamp set.  I stamped the flowers and leaves on a light weight mix media paper, applied watercolored, and hand cut.


I simply applied watercolor onto the flowers, did not take time to put shadow down on all the petals, just had fun with it.  After the watercolor dried, I choose an alcohol marker with similar color and just added shadow in the center, and that was good enough for me.  I am really not trying to make the flowers looks like they were photographed.


I added some glamour glitter to the center of the flowers for more interests.  Then I adhered them to a card front, on which I stenciled, and die cut.


I glue one flower in the inside of the card to dress it up.  And it's fun to see that flower thru the die cut window on the front.  I added the sentiment banner, and embellished with Warm Grey enamel dots.


Supplies:

Ranger Distress Inks (Weathered Wood, Milled Lavender)
Ranger Archival Ink (Watering Can)
Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)

Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to hop over to Die Cut Divas to see more inspiration projects.  Have a fabulous day!



4 comments:

Dawn T said...

Simply gorgeous Cindy. An awesome card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love your trio of flowers with one peeking out the window, Cindy!! Great background with the brick stenciling too!!

Michelle N. said...

Love that window highlighting those beautiful flowers!

Arlene said...

So creative with the design and such beautiful flowers.