Followers

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Metallic Watercolor on Die Cut Divas

 Hello there,

Welcome back to my blog.  When someone says use watercolors on your project, do you think of using floral images right-a-way?!  I often do, but I want to break of that.  We could use watercolors in many ways.  Today I chose to use metallic watercolors and created a non-floral, gender friendly card.

I started by adding plain water strips on a black watercolor paper panel, then add in the various colors and let dried.  Next I used a fine brush to pick up more metallic watercolors and doodled.  Once everything is nice and dried I added the 'hello' banner and die cut "friend".

This month's challenge theme on Die Cut Divas is Watercolors, our sponsor is Altenew.  Challenge prize is Altenew Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set valued at $49.99 USD.


Now it's your turn, pick up your favorite watercolors and play!  Remember to add die cut elements or use your die cut machine to dry emboss something onto your project(s).  Have fun!

Supplies:

Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)
Clear embossing powder




3 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just love metallic paint on black card. Beautiful card Cindy

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous background, Cindy - a work of art!!

Arlene said...

Great doodling and really a fantastic card.