Followers

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Scrapbook Centrals Creative Team project 2023-Apr-12

 Hello,

It's my turn to share an inspiration project for the Creations Scrapbook Centrale FB page, for the month of April, our challenge theme is Flowers/Nature.  

I've made a shadow box card.  To construct the card base, I followed the instructions shown in Jennifer McGuire's Shadow Box Card video.  

To create the flowers, I first put watercolors down onto a sheet of light weight mix media paper.  I used it because the flowers and leaves would be layered, so the end results would be the right thickness.  After the watercolor panel dried, I die cut flowers and leaves.  However the darkest green on my paper weren't dark enough, so I die cut the vein of the leaves using a dark green card stock.  Next l assembled the flowers and leaves.

For the humming bird, I die cut using white mix media paper, then I applied both regular watercolors and metallic watercolors in layer.  I used a blending brush to dark certain areas of both bird and flowers to provide more contrast.

Next I aligned the elements, and glued everything down.  I suppose the white card base is a bit plain, but I want all the attention to be on the bird, so I left it as is.


Supplies used are photographed below:





Thanks for coming over to my blog.  Have a lovely day!


3 comments:

Arlene said...

I love your shadow box card! The colors are wonderful and I especially like the humming bird's mixture of colors.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Cindy. Your hummingbird is so beautifully coloured.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh my, Cindy - what a stunning shadow box card! Love all the texture on your hummingbird!!