Followers

Monday, March 13, 2023

Scrapbook Centrale Creative Team Project 2023-Mar-13

 Hello there,

I am sharing an art journaling page on the Scrapbook Centrale Creative FB page today.  Our March challenge theme is The Arts.  So this include many things like visual arts, literature, music, cinematography...etc.  I chose to use literature for my page.  

I really did not know what exactly I was going to do, I simply started with a piece of book print and an embossing folder.

I adhered the book print to a mix media art journal page.  Then I sandwiched it inside the embossing folder, book print facing the raised side of the EF and pass it thru the die cut machine.  I believe you could call this debossing or letterpress.  

Next I inked the raised side of the EF with ink, placed the book print panel in the same location and ran thru it again.  Then I cleaned the EF, kept the book print panel in the same place, lay a sheet of Rose Gold decorative foil over it (pretty side up), close the EF and pass it thru the die cut machine back and forth a few times.  I love the subtle glimmer in the edges of the indented areas.


At this point, I thought I would make a tiny book to go on my page, and I did.  I made a 2 inches by 1 inches micro book with 8 pages, with book cover and bound with thread.  I stamped some text on each page and gather some tiny stamps and stamped on most of the pages.  Distressed all the edges, and colored the center fold.


The longest part of the project was selecting a sentiment/quote.  It took me three days to finally found one I really like.  It has the word "literature" and "ink" in it.  For all the crafters out there, you know the importance of "ink", regardless which kind.  Right?!

"The purpose of literature is to turn blood into ink" by T.S. Eliot.  

Isn't this a fantastic quote?  I used my good old manual typewriter, typed the quote, trimmed, distressed, and matted with brown card stock.  To complete the page, I stamped and color another bird, and an ink bottle.  Hand cut and adhered in place, and embellished with die cut lace.


You must have noticed that the top and bottom of the page were embossed (not debossed like the middle section).  Yeah it was a happy accident!  LOL  And I absolutely love how this turned out.  


Thanks for hanging in here for such a long post.  The main supplies I used are photographed below.   



Have a wonderful day everyone!!

4 comments:

Arlene said...

I love how this turned out too. Thank you for the instructions too. I love everything about this.

Dawn T said...

Fantastic Cindy. It's wonderful

fairyrocks said...

Love your Art Page. And the quote is PERFECT! I am a reader, so I do appreciate a good book. Keep smiling and creating. Here's to the arrival of spring!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a wonderful project - just love all the elements you combined, Cindy!!