Followers

Saturday, September 3, 2022

Missing You

 Hi,

It's the weekend and I get to spend time in my craft room.  Okay I am always there anyway.  LOL


I admit I was light handed with the watercolors.  But it's okay.  I am quite delighted on how it turned out.  The 'trellis' is actually stenciled with two inks, and I hand cut the openings.

My card is inspired by a Laelia Orchid plant that didn't survive my care.  I have been pretty lucky with my other orchid plants in general, they have been blooming every year.  But this one (picture below) I miss very much.  And I haven't been able to find another just like it.


Here's a side by side look:





Challenges:




Supplies:

Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black, Watering Can)
Ranger Distress Ink (Peeled Paint, Weather Wood)
Hero Arts Mid-tone Shadow Ink (Wet Cement)

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a very sweet day!



3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous orchid with the trellis behind, Cindy - love it!! I hear you about orchids not surviving - mine didn't either :( Of course it wasn't as stunning as yours - I can see why you miss it!!

Quillish said...

Wow.. this is gorgeous! Your coloring resembles the photo so much! Now that you have this stamp set, you have this Orchid forever!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful card design and great colouring!