Followers

Friday, April 1, 2022

All about texture on Poppystamps

 Hello there,

If you're looking for my Die Cut Divas post, please click Here.

I know it is April's Fool today, but there is no joke, I am tickled pink to be invited to be Guest Designer on Poppystamps today.

Poppystamps' challenge #91 is: Add Texture.  


Here's my project.


My project features Poppystamps' Bird House Pop-up Easel Die Set.  There many ways to add texture to a project, embossing paste, dry embossing, adding textured material, ...etc.  I chose to use corrugated cardboard to die cut the birdhouse, I added some paint to give it a good weathered look, and I also added some dyed cheesecloth at the bottom of the house.  On the roof, I added some distress embossing powder, you could see it in the close up photo below.


Adding textures to a card does not need to be complicated, you could simply do some torn edges, or distress the edges of the panels, add some splatters, or even adding layers to your project will make it 'texturized'.  Go ahead, make a textured project using Poppystamps products and join in the challenge.  Click here for the details.

Supplies:

Sizzix Creamy Acrylic Paint (Limoncello, Green Tea)
Copic Markers
Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder
Ranger Peeled Paint Distress Ink
VersaMarker Watermark Pen



Thank so much for stopping by.  Have a lovely day!





3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love how you combined those two pop-up sets, Cindy! They are faves of mine and you really made them shine!! Love all the texture!! Congrats on guest DT!

Dawn T said...

congrats on your Guest spot. What a great way to showcase Poppy Stamps dies. Stunning card.

fairyrocks said...

Love this one, looks like we are in a similar art state of mind! Looking forward to spring. Keep smiling and creating.