Followers

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Mosaic Birthday on Die Cut Divas

 Happy Saturday everyone!

I am sharing a mosaic style card on Die Cut Divas Challenge blog today.  It took me a bit of time to put it together, but I was happy to use up some of the small pieces of scrap paper (I have a hard time parting with them so I have lots) in my stash.

I used Sunny Studio Quilted Hexagons Dies, and die cut a big bunch of these geographic tiles.  Then I glue them on a slimline scalloped frame while creating a mosaic look.  I didn't use any ruler or spacer, so at the end the tiles are not 100% aligned, but I like it.  It is less rigid and more vibrant.  The birthday banner is Brass heat embossed.

The challenge theme of March is Birthday on Die Cut Divas.  Sunny Studio is our sponsor.  I hope you'd join in the fun!  We could all use another birthday card, right?!  😀

Challenges:

Time Out Challenge #208 - 8th Birthday Special Challenge


(This is the first time I used the Quilted Hexagon Die)




Supplies:

Versamark Watermark Ink
Brass Embossing powder

9 comments:

Kathyk said...

A smashing make and a great way to use up those pesky snippets as well as your new stash - thanks for sharing your make with us at NBUS

Kathyk
Guest DT member in March

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a gorgeous slimline, Cindy. Very creative and cool design.
I'd like to welcome you to come play along at Word Art Wednesday.
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Always Family Friendly/Anything Goes
Lots of great PRIZES.
I hope you will come join the fun.
Have a blessed week!
Karen

Arlene said...

So original and beautiful. You'd never know you were using scraps. WOW!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Looks amazing, Cindy - love all the patterns against the black panel, perfect with the scalloped border!!

Darnell said...

Oh, my goodness, Cindy, you have the patience of a saint! I love puzzles and piecing, however, so I can imagine how satisfying it was to make this fabulous design! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Cindy - so colourful

Nonni said...

Wonderful way to use scraps! This card has so much detail, dimension and drama, love it! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Kim Heggins said...

This is over the top fabulous!!! Love all those wonderful colors against that black! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

Greta said...

WOW--this is absolutely amazing, Cindy! Love it!