Followers

Thursday, August 5, 2021

Watercolor Lavender Mini slim on Die Cut Divas

 Hello there,

I am sharing another watercolor card in the mini slim format on Die Cut Divas today.  I recently got the Lavender Bud Stamp & Die bundle from Altenew, and I so enjoy playing with it.

For my background panel, I spritzed water all over a mixed media paper, and onto it I dropped some Bamboo and Frayed Leaf watercolor.  Then stamped the Lavender in Milled Lavender, Picked Raspberry, and Shabby Shutter before the panel completely dries; this created a soft, layered watercolor look. 


For the focal element, I first made impression of the the Lavender stem using the die and silicon mat, this way I made sure I'd stamp in the right place.  Next I stamp with Milled Lavender and Peeled Paint, then I added details with Altenew watercolors.


After I completed adding more watercolors in Midnight Violet, Deep Iris, Lavender Fields and Persian Blue, I let them dry and die cut for good.

To assemble my card, I distress the background panel with Peeled Paint, glue it to the mini slim card base, arrange and adhered the Lavender Buds and added loops of Antique Gold Thread (I am channeling Virginia here), and added the sentiment strip.

I really like how this turned out.

And I hope you're inspired to come play our August challenge - Watercolor, real or faux at Die Cut Divas.  You don't have to so everything in watercolor to achieve a watercolor look. 

Altenew is our sponsor this month, and the challenge winner would recieve $20 gift certificate to the Altenew store.  See you in the challenge gallery.

I am also linking up to these challenges:






Supplies:

Ranger Distress Ink (Peeled Paint, Milled Lavender, Picked Raspberry, Shabby Shutter)
Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)


Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you a lovely day!



6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous faux watercolor background with the silhouette lavender, Cindy!! Perfect with the sprig atop!!

Sue McRae said...

Gorgeous card Cindy! Love the amazing background!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Cindy! Love the soft watercolor background and the more defined die cut flowers! A stunning card!

Dawn T said...

Fantastic card Cindy. Love the soft faux watercolour background.

Kara Lynne said...

Such a gorgeous card, Cindy! I love the soft background and the colors of your lavender! Great tip about creating an impression before stamping.

Viv said...

Such a delicate looking and beautiful card Cindy! how clever to make a background like that too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge; ;) Viv DT xx