Followers

Friday, August 6, 2021

Altenew Pair-A-Flower Lavender

Hi,

So a few days ago on FB, Altenew asked:  Aside from sequins, what else can we use to create shaker card?  I've just harvested some Lavender and was letting them dried, so I thought why not make shaker card with it?

And here it is:


Instead of acetate, I used tulle on both side of the shaker, so it's sort of like a Lavender sachet but more mail friendly!  😀

For card panel I stamped Altenw Lavender Bud with distress inks and spritz with water to soften somewhat.  I used a round die to cut the card panel and card base to sandwich the tulle shaker element, on top I added Circle Embroidery Hoop die cut, and adorn with a couple Lavender sprigs which were stamped with distress inks with details painted in watercolors.  And you couldn't see it too clearly in the photo, but the sprigs are tied with Altenew Silky Lilac Metallic Thread.

Then I actually sew and made a Lavender sachet too.


My craft room is now filled with the Lavender scent!!  If you look closely, in my dish of dried lavender, there are some small & brighter ones, and some large & darker ones.  The brighter ones were harvested before the Lavender bloomed in June.  The darker ones were collected after it bloomed just a few days ago. 

Yesterday I shared a watercolor Lavender card.


So together I made three Lavender theme projects.


Challenges:



Supplies:

Ranger Distress Ink (Peeled Paint, Milled Lavender, Picked Raspberry, Shabby Shutter, Seedless Preserve, Prized Ribbon)
Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)


Thanks for visiting and reading all the way thru.  Have a sweet day!!









8 comments:

Mandi Chau said...

Love your ideas using real flowers to make a shaker card. Great job Cindy!

Dawn T said...

Amazing Cindy. Your shaker card with the dried lavender is inspiring.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How fun to be able to harvest and use lavendar, Cindy!! Just love your shaker, sachet, and card - bet they smell wonderful too!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a great shaker element and I bet it smelled wonderful too! Love the idea and card you made.

Sadia Ashraf said...

Wonderful take on the challenge! 💜

Andrea said...

That is a fantastic idea for a shaker!! I love lavender. It is one of my favorite flowers. Your idea and cards are beautiful!!

fairyrocks said...

Now that is Pure Genius. I do so love the smell of lavendar. Hope you are keeping well and safe. Keep smiling and creating. Thanks for popping by, and YES to Dust Gouls!!

Sue McRae said...

Congrats on your honourable mention on Altenew! Such a clever and creative project Cindy!