Followers

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Pressed Pansies

 Hi, my fellow crafters!  Hope you're all well.

Before I started making cards, I used to press flowers.  This hobby didn't stop, each year I would clip a few blooms from my garden and press them dry.  Some I want to use in a Gardening Journal which is yet to be created, haha!  😅  Well today I used a few for February Altenew Flower of The Month Challenge, February's flowers are violets or pansies. 

I created a very classic framed pressed flower card using Altenew Fine Frames Diamonds Die Set.

I don't own any Altenew floral stamp that feature this month's flowers, so I thought why not use the real ones?!  

I use matte medium to glue flower onto a mixed media paper panel, after it's dried I wrapped a piece of cellophane before attaching to the back of the die cut panel.   

The die cut panel I created by first laying a garden trellis die on top of an eggplant colour card panel and sprayed with Fuchsia Gloss Spray, once that is dried I die cut the diamond shape.  On separate piece of black cardstock and gold metallic card stock I die cut the diamond shapes and glue to front of the panel.  Then the whole piece of attached to white card base with foam adhseive.


Challenges:

February Altenew Flower Of The Month Challenge

Supplies:

DecoArt Media Matte Medium

Thanks for visiting today!  Keep safe and happy crafting!




4 comments:

Lin said...

What a lovely take on the challenge, Cindy - pansies and violets are dear to my heart! Thanks for telling us about this challenge, too.

Arlene said...

Beautiful. I love the real flowers - they are gorgeous on this card.

Dawn T said...

what a fantastic idea Cindy. It turned out just perfect.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So gorgeous, Cindy - just love the pressed flowers atop the diamond shape! Yummy background too!!