Followers

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Inspired by a blue bird

Hi everyone,


I am sharing a card made with a couple of new die sets, an older die, and a die piece from the scrap pile.  


I didn't add a sentiment to the front, I wanted to wait until I use this card then add it for the 'future' occasion.  

Now there is a little story behind the trellis die piece.   A while ago I die cut it and sprayed with some Nuvo Pink Carnation Mica Mist, since it was wet I thought I catch the excess by placing it in my art journal.  Well.....I got distracted and had forgot to take it out before it completely dried inside the journal and it was partially stuck there.  I pulled part of it out and today it found a new home, on my card!!  😁

The flowers and the smaller greeneries are die cut from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits Brushstroke Flower #2
the larger leaves are die cut from Elizabeth Craft Designs Leaves and Branch Die Set


Challenges:

Inspired By Challenge: Tweet Messages


Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I wish you a lovely day!


10 comments:

maria f. said...

So very pretty. And I had a feeling you were inspired by Inspired By ;)

Lin said...

What a lovely card, Cindy, a wonderful mix!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the bird and the wonderful colors and cared design.

Dawn T said...

What a stunning card Cindy. That bird is amazing and love the way there is only part of the trellis on the card

Danni Reid said...

Wow, gorgeous card and design. Love your beautiful bird and partial trellis. Thank you for inspiring us @IB this week!

Silke Ledlow said...

All the dies complement each other perfectly! Beautiful designed card! Thank you for playing!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a pretty hummingbird, Cindy! Love how he's drinking from the dangling flowers - great trellis too!!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

So very pretty, and love that you rescued that piece of trellis.
xxx

I Card Everyone said...

I think that you've had a bit of kismet, Cindy! This trellis couldn't be a more perfect spot for your blooms, and hummingbird!
Thanks so much for playing along at IB!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

The trellis is wonderful! I like the way you've woven the flowers among it. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at IB!