Followers

Thursday, February 4, 2021

Christmas Cards 2021-Feb-04

 Hi,

I inked up a new stamp set (to me), Funky Fossil Designs Festive Penguins, and made a slimline card today.  These penguins are so cute!!


For my background panel I first masked the lower half of it with a hand cut mask, and stenciled with Sea Sprite Glacier Paste after it dried, I blended a few distress inks to give colors.  Then I masked the top half, and applied Snow & Ice Lustre Poslish to make a frosty ground.

The penguins, sleigh, and presents are stamp in black on mixed media paper, watercolored and handcut.  Sentiment on banner die cut is stamped in black and clear heat embossed, and I added gold faux stitches.


Challenges:

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #47 - Slimline Cards






Supplies:

Hero Arts Vintage Christmas Post Clear Stamp
Nuvo Glacier Paste (Sea Sprite)
Creative Expression Lustre Polish (Snow & Ice)
Ranger Distress Ink (Tumble Glass, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire)

Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a sweet day!








8 comments:

Arlene said...

Such a cute scene and I can't believe you hand-cut the sled too. Nice work and such a darling card.

Thanks for joining in on the Christmas Kickstart challenge of making a slimline card for our Christmas theme - February's elf, Arlene

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Awww - adorable scene with the penguins, Cindy - just love this one!!

Dawn T said...

So cute Cindy. Those penguin are adorable.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute scene and a great Christmas design.

Dotty Jo said...

Goodness, Cindy, you are the queen of fussy cutting! What a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining Arlene and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Darnell said...

I'm telling you, if you don't smile looking at this super fun card, then you're a cadaver! I love your coloring, Cindy, the schparkle, and the clever gold stitching on your sediment banner! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

frommycraftroom said...

I saw your card over at the NBUS challenge and had to come over for a closer look! Such gorgeous penquins. A beautiful card.

Rachelle Oltean said...

I love the cute little penguin images and the beautiful textured background filled with all that partly goodness! Thanks for joining us at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!
Rachelle DT : )