Followers

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Mix Media Canvas Wall Art

Hello, hello!

Over the holiday season I got some (new to me) gloss spray for my mix media projects.  And today I created a mix media canvas wall art.

On a 8 x 10 inch canvas, I first covered it with matte medium and book print.  Then I went on and layered with some paint, did some lifting with stencil, added some gloss spray, and stencil with embossing paste.  Next I added some Round Art washi tape.  At this point I thought I would stamp and die cut a bunch of leaves and flowers for the focal point.  But it didn't work.  So I took out a piece of pretty paper that I've been saving and cut it up and glue to my canvas.  The colors worked well with the background and I am happy how it turned out.  Here's a close up showing some details.


I added some glacier paste on the bird and flower petals.  And stamped in black archival ink one of favorite sentiment from the Altenew Dot Botanical Stamp set: 
Strive To Find Beauty In Every Situtation.

Challenge:

Altenew Creativity Inspired: Decked Out Decorations Home Decor Contest


Supplies:

Altenew Recollection Paper Pack
Altenew Doily Frame Stencil
Altenew Dot Botanicals Stamp Set
Altenew Round Art Washi Tape
Dina Wakley Gloss Spray (Olive, Fucia)
Ranger Distress Paint (Speckled Egg)
Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black, Acorn)
White Acrylic Paint
Deco Art Matte Medium
Golden Gel Medium
Nuvo Glacier Paste (Sea Sprite)


Thanks for stopping by.  May be find beauty everywhere you look!





No comments: