Followers

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Faux Embroidery on Die Cut Divas

Hello everyone!


How is the New Year treating you so far!  Hope all are well.

It's my turn to post on Die Cut Divas today and I have a sweet card to share.




 This month's challenge theme is:  Frame It.  Our sponsor is Rachel Vass Designs.  I used her lovely Leafy Floral for my card.  I printed on multi media paper, and usually I would watercolor it.  But today I decided to use coloring pencils and make a "faux embroidery" look.  Instead of coloring in solid I basically just drew in lines to mimic embroidery.  I picked a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Butterfly stamp set, stamp it with grey shadow ink and drew in the stitches.  Then I framed it with an embroidery hoop die cut.

I hope I've inspired you to play along.  Winner would receive three digital stamp sets from Rachel Vass Designs.  

Supplies:

Altenew Circle Embroidery Hoop Die
Altenew Woven Stencil
Prismacolors Coloring Pencil
Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Butterfly Stamp Set
Hero Arts Mid-tone Shadow Ink (Wet Cement)
Gold Gel Pen

Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you a beautiful day!

5 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Love the stitching details on this pretty card Cindy!

Lin said...

So very pretty, Cindy! Love how realistic this looks!

LaVon Hall said...

Cindy, this is such a beautiful and clever design. Your card is gorgeous!

Arlene said...

I love the embroidery effect and that hoop die is fabulous for this card. WOW

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - just love this one, Cindy! That die cut embroidery hoop looks amazing with the leafy floral image!!