Followers

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Christmas Cards 2021-Jan-16

 Hi,

It's never too early for me to start my Christmas/Holiday card stash.  And I've just gathered all my Christmas theme craft goods and placed them together in a place.  So far it deemed useful!!  Because I've rediscovered an older embossing folder and stamp that haven't been used since a long time.

I embossed the image with heavy weight card stock, then again on scrap.  I cut the snowman image out from the scrap and used for masking.  Then I applied and blended the background with three distress inks, spritzed with some water, splatter with some ink and some white paint.  Sentiment is heat embossed.  Then I slightly scored the edge of the card panel to give a 3D look and adhere to blue card base.

Now this brings me to a question, is this the front of a snowman or the back?!  I am still wondering, what do you think?

Challenges:

Addicted to CAS Challenge #189 - Snow


(my silhouette is white, not black)


Supplies:

Unity Stamp Winter Wishes Small Cling Stamp
Ranger Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire)
Recollection Clear Embossing Powder
White Acrylic Paint

Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a lovely day!



9 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful background with your shades of blue, Cindy! Love the splatters! Isn't it great when we come across something we forgot about??!! Your embossed snowman is adorable with the built in snowflakes. I think it's the front of the snowman, but now that you ask, it could be either. :) Thanks for sharing your adorable card with us at CAS Christmas!

Betty said...

very cute card, Cindy - I'm with Loll - think the embossing could go either way

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful and cute snowman design.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your embossed snowman with the splatters, Cindy!!

Dawn T said...

Lovely card Cindy

Barb Ghig said...

Your snowman is fabulous, Cindy! I love how he pops against your beautiful background...I hope your new year is off to a great start! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Julia Aston said...

A lovely background for your jaunty embossed snowman Cindy! Thanks for joining in my challenge at CAS Christmas!

Pat said...

Your embossed snowman looks wonderful over that very pretty background Cindy and just goes to show we should go through our old stash now and again to reuse forgotten gems, and love the sentiment too. x

Vicky Hayes said...

Isn't it fun to rediscover old favourites Cindy! Love your snowman - and I think it's the back of him! Thanks for playing with us at ATCAS this fortnight :) Vicky x