Followers

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Rachel Vass Designs Summer Bloom

Hello there,

A beautiful new digi stamp set is released today at Rachel Vass Designs, Summer Bloom.  And I can't help it but to make a shaped card with it.


I resized the image to 4 1/4 by 4 inches, printed on white card stock.  Watercolored, and hand cut.  I added some fine shading using color pencils and used a small brush to paint some gel medium for add foiling some highlights.

Next I cut the same shape using white card stock and trimmed off the side, I glued this to the backside of the front flap and sandwiched the die cut leaves.

For the back flap for the card, I traced and hand cut the same shape using an eggplant colored card stock,  and glue a circle die cut for writing.


I had fun making this shaped card, and even though I added the leave it still fit in a standard A2 envelope.


In case you're wondering what are the sparkly stuff, let me explain.  I used a small brush and painted some Tacky When Dry Gel then foiled it.  :)



If you like floral images, you do not want to pass up the opportunity to check out Rachel's Etsy store.  Click here.



Supplies:

Altenew Watercolor 36 Pan set
Prismacolor Coloring Pencils
Elizabeth Craft Designs "Pair of Leaves 1" cutting die

Thanks for visiting me today, have a good one!

I am a 



3 comments:

Betty said...

gorgeous, Cindy - so creative!!

Claire said...

WOW. This is amazing and so creatobe

Dawn T said...

What a beautiful card Cindy. What a great idea to make a shaped card.