Followers

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Find Beauty

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

I have been using this sentiment, "Strive to Find Beauty in Every Situation" from the Dots Botanicals stamp set by Altenew, fairly often lately.  And I think it quite fits my project today.  I took myself out of my comfort zone and worked with colors and medium I seldom use and I am liking the result!





I really like the organic look of the inspiration photo below, and I want to recreate that natural rock texture.  On a white multimedia paper panel I sprayed Black Marble Shimmer Spray on the two opposite corners.  Before it dries, I sprayed some Passion Flower mid-tone shadow ink on top, since the panel is saturated with liquid it curls up, and some ink dripped down and it formed some random pattern (as seen in middle photo above).  Once it dried, I torn the panel diagonally and glue onto a hot pink card panel.  The rest of the process is pretty straight forward.  :)

Challenges:





Supplies:

Hero Arts Passion Flower Mid-tone Ink Spray
Versamark Watermark Ink 
iCraft Rosegold Deco Foil Transfer Sheet

Thanks for visiting.  May you find beauty everywhere you turn.


5 comments:

Betty said...

WOW - you captured the rock inspiration fantastically - beautiful card, Cindy - looks like a winner to me!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic take on the sketch.your card is wonderful.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning card, Cindy! Just adore your rock background - so organic with the torn section! Pretty flowers too!!

mkmermaid@sbcglobal.net said...

What a unique take on this idea and what a moving piece. This is magical and very thought-provoking. So well-executed. Love it.

Barbara said...

That's a brilliant idea - I might have to lift it. It reminds me of those hardy plants (mostly weeds) which find their way through cracks in the pavement, sometimes even causing the cracks...