Followers

Monday, March 23, 2020

Foiling with Gel Medium

Hi,
I hope your Monday is going well.

Today I experimented more with foiling using gel medium and created a very sparkly project for Altenew Fan Group (FB) Challenge: Sparkle.

I first created an ink blended background, then spread gel medium over a stencil.  After it dries, I lay the foil sheet on top, run my finger over to make everything adhere, lift the foil sheet and voila!





Then I trimmed the panel, stamped the 'hello', adhere 'friend' die cut coated with Clear Wink of Stella, and adhere to a white card base.



I am happy how it turned out.

Supplies:

Ranger Distress Ink (Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass)
Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink
Clear Wink of Stella
TCW Tacky-when-dry Gel Medium
Gina K. Design Fancy Foil (Gold Sequins)

Thanks for stopping by.  Take it easy!!


6 comments:

Betty said...

wow - looks like fun - very clever - did you invent this technique - and lovely results!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful. I would love to have these new glues. My purchase of supplies is on hold for now though as my money has to go for other things which it seems are either not available or if they are the price is sky high. Not too happy about that. But I guess we will survive.

Dawn T said...

Stunning Cindy. It's an awesome design and great technique.

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Cindy and such a clever design too ;) hugs Viv xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a fab technique, Cindy - just love your gold doily!!

Greta said...

Another neat way to add foil! This is a beautiful card, Cindy!