Followers

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Pen Sketched Flower journal/diary page

Hi crafty friends,

Welcome back to my blog.  Last year I decided to try a planner/art journal project.  But I found that with using the smart phone, the planning part of the project wasn't working out.  So this year I would concentrate on the art journal part and add the diary element to it.  

Here's my first layout done using Altenew Pen Sketched Flowers Stamp and Die.


I stamped the flowers on rice paper (also know as mulberry paper), and then watercolored.  The experience is quite different from watercoloring on watercolor paper since the rice paper is quite thin, the water spreads very quickly but not the pigment. 


After it dried, I die cut and then adhere to my journal using Matte Medium.  On my journal page I stamped the leaves using distress ink and spritzed with water, I want to create a softer look for the background.  I also spritzed a tiny bit of  Twinkling H2O watercolor (Mango Mamba) over the page.  Next I stamped sentiments, drew the lines on right hand side (yeah can't write straight without lines, lol), and voila, it's ready to go.

Challenge:

Virginia's January 2020 Show & Share


Supplies:

Altenew Pen Sketched Flowers Stamp and Die Bundle
Altenew Watercolor 36 Pan Set
Alternew New Me Stamp Set
Range Jet Black Archival Ink
Ranger Peeled Paint Distress Ink
Luminarte Twinkling H2O Shimmering Watercolors


Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a lovely day!





7 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Beautiful page Cindy! Love your happy and colorful flowers!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous. Wonderful colors.

Dawn T said...

so beautiful Cindy. They looks so delicate and such pretty colours.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Cindy - what a floral beauty! Great page for your journal!! I'm with you; definitely need lines to write straight!!

Betty said...

gorgeous journal page, Cindy - I still have some of the rice paper you sent me ages ago - must get it out and use again

Virginia L. said...

Thank you for taking me to a garden....So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

Janis Godwin Spear said...

Wow! So lovely.