Followers

Monday, September 9, 2019

A Different Fall Color Palette

Hi, welcome back!

 Whenever we talk about Fall Colors I usually automatically think of the falling leaves and their tremendous colors, the yellows, the oranges, and the reds.  But this year I am also quite intrigued by the purple and green combination from this Fall harvest vegetable.



Here's my project inspired by the colors.



For embossed background, I took some white embossing paste and added a few drops of Glimmer Metallic Gold Ink and some Perfect Pearl powder and mix together to create a unique color embossing paste.  I stencilled using Simon Says Stamp Mesh Stencil.

While that dries, I stamped the largest image from the Simon Says Stamp Earth Has Music with Jet Black Archival Ink on multi media paper, and watercolored.  I coated the green flower portion with some twinkling watercolor for some shine.

"HBD" is stamped using Seedless Preserves and hand cut along with the feather image.  Once my background panel is completely dry I adhered it to a purple card base, then used foam adhesive to glue the handcut pieces on top.


Challenges:









Supplies:

LuminArte Twinkling H20s Shimmering Watercolors (Pear Blossom, Rain Forest)

Thanks for visiting,  I wish you a lovely day.






4 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful design and great colors. A wonderful Fall look.

Dawn T said...

Such a fabulous colour combo Cindy. It really is unusual but very effective. Lovely design as well.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful fall design with the feather, Cindy!!

Diana @ Playingwithoutlimits said...

I am one of those folks who collects feathers and I must say what you have done is beatiful and exceptional.

Diana @ Playing
https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com