Followers

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Christmas Cards 2019-Sept-15

Good Sunday everybody,

It's been close to two months since I've made a Christmas card.  But today I have two to add to my stash.

First up, I have a Scandinavian style card.  I used KaiserCraft DIY cut Knit Borders on white card stock, and layered the die cut pieces onto red card panel.  The sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Inside Holiday Greetings is white heat embossed.  I die cut another border in red to decorate the envelope.



I am linking this card to






Supplies for this card:


===***===

My second card I titled Christmas Cake!!  I stamped one of the cakes images from Alternew Cake Love set in Jet Black and watercolored.  The die cut decoration on the cake comes from the negatives piece I saved from making the first card.  :)  To ground my cake, I created with a 'table top' with Alternew Frilly Frame.  The sentiment I put together using various stamp set.  Oh how I wish I have a stamp set that says that!!


I also spritzed some Perfect Pearl solution in the background to add a bit of interest.


I am linking this card to 





Supplies for this card:


===***===

Thanks for visiting me today.  I wish you a lovely day!


15 comments:

Betty said...

WOW - your cake Christmas card is the most creative ever - love all the little details!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, perfect for the current challenge at The Christmas Kickstart, Cindi! Hugs, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two great cards, Cindy!! Just love the knit borders on card one and the fun cake on card two!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful Christmas cards. I really like the Scandinavian one especially.

Dawn T said...

Two superb cards Cindy. Love the first one with that gorgeous die cut borders. Perfect for the challenge. And what an awesome idea to make a Christmas Cake. Really impressive.

Loll said...

DELICIOUS looking cake Cindy!! And I love Rudolph as the topper! So cute and very creative. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Debbie said...

These are both beautiful cards!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Heather said...

Oh gosh - LOVE that Christmas cake! So beautiful and tasty looking, lol, and a great sentiment to go with - brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!

Bonnie said...

Wow, Cindy, I love how you've decorated your Christmas cake with the die cuts from the first card! What a beautiful cake! Love the Scandinavian card too. That's a great die! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Christmas cake Cindy, wonderful colouring of the icing and great festive candles from your die cut leftovers.
Your first card is stunning in red and white. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

Trina P. said...

Wonderful set of cards. Your decorated cake is so fun and festive. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x

Nance said...

What a creative Christmas cake! Love the deer and trees on the layers. Not many think about cake at Christmas do they? This gets my baking ideas cranking! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas this month!

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely cards!'Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for AG with Dies
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Congrats on being on the Outstanding Design List for your fun cake, Cindy!!

Helen Gullett said...

Cindy, they are amazing Christmas cards. Beautiful nordic card and that cake is super sweet.
Thanks for playing along with Happy Little Stampers Challenge!