Followers

Monday, April 8, 2019

More Than Cake Grid Card

Monday Monday,

It's a rainy day here where I am, and I needed a pick-me-upper!  So straight to craft room with coffee and made something pretty!  LOL


I made this card as part of the Altenew Paper Crafting and Beyond On-line Class homework, one of the assignment is to make a pocket scrapbook spread, but I don't have a pocket scrapbook, so I made a grid card instead.  :)  

I created the "journaling cards" using watercolor paper.  For the cake, flower, and macarons cards, I stamped the images with Soft Granite ink, and painted with distress ink spritzed with Perfect Pearl solution.  On the cake I white heat embossed it and colored the negative space.  For the flower card I dotted the flower center with a black glaze pen to counter balance with the black sentiment.  

For the card with sentiment, I inked the stamp (from the Homemade Tags set) with the diluted distress ink, stamped and let the color dripped down on it's side.  I love these luminous soft pastel colors!!   


The sentiment is stamped in black after the panel dried.



I was inspired by the soft color palette in the Altenew April Inspiration challenge photo, and the rainbow motif on the cup.

Challenges:





Supplies:

Ranger Distress Ink (Barn Door, Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey, Squeezed Lemonade, Peeled Paint, Broken China)
Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
Ranger Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder
Hero Arts Shadow Ink (Soft Granite)
Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)

Thanks for visiting today, enjoy the rest of the day!



2 comments:

Dawn T said...

Such a sweet (pardon the pun) card Cindy. Love those soft pastel colours. They are gorgeous.

lostinpaper said...

What a clever design, those panels are all inspiring on their own but together even better!