Followers

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Cake Love Birthday

Hi,

I am playing along Simon Wednesday Challenge, its current challenge theme is make a card with matching envelope.

Here's my card and enve combination.


My cake is gold heat embossed on watercolor paper and, of course, watercolored.  :)   Then I hand cut it.  The sentiment is gold heat embossed on black card stock, and trimmed as banner.  For the background, I lay a stencil over white card stock and applied Buttercup Mica Spray.  

Once it's dried I adhered it to a white card panel and adhere the cake and banner.

For the envelope I stamped the same cake image using Soft Grey shadow ink, and it's behind an address grid, also stamped in the same ink.

The mica spray is actually quite glittery, here is a photo taken with different lighting.



Challenges:




Supplies:

Gold Embossing Powder
Soft Grey Shadow Ink


Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you a sweet day!




3 comments:

Lin said...

What a special card, Cindy - love the effect of the gold with the soft watercolors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Dawn T said...

wow Cindy. The spray mist gives such an amazing background for your pretty cake. A great card and love the matching envelope

Maureen Morton said...

this set is simply precious! Your design is delectable and your watercoloring is amazing! Brilliant, Cindy!