Followers

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Cake Love Birthday Take Two

Hi everybody,

I am participating an Altenew on-line class, All About Layering 3.  And this is my homework today.

I practiced coloring layering with my Altenew Cake Love Stamp set  and created a card CASEing the instructor Lydia.

I started stamping the largest cake in the set on white card stock.  The first one on the right, the top layer is not aligned properly so I stamped another, the one of the left.


Then I used my coloring pencils to fill in the white areas.  I used to just use one medium, but I learnt to add details using different medium in the Beautiful Detail Altenew On-line class.  I tested on the right side and decided to take a different route for the left side.  I colored the cake holder with pencil, applied Perfect Pearl solution to the white cake layers, and use Gold Gel pen to fill in decorative icing.



Then I hand cut it out and adhere with foam adhesive on my card front.


I thought the top of the cake needed a little something so I stamped one of the cupcakes and trimmed the icing out and added to the top of my cake.  :D

I did the splattering of watercolor after I masked the stamped sentiment just like Lydia illustrated in the class.

Supplies:

Gold Gel Pen
Prismacolor Coloring Pencils

Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you a sweet day!