Followers

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Floral Birthday

Hello everyone,
The sky was grey and it was rainy today, best weather for crafting indoor!  :D

I make a floral birthday card to play along the Altenew 2018 Year in Review Challenge.  I am inspired by January's project.  I love the bright happy colors and the composition of the layout.  

This is the inspiration project:



And here's my take.


I copied the layout quite closely, but I went with softer colors and used the Layered Floral Element Dies to die cut the flowers and watercolored.  I also splattered some watercolors and glimmer gold ink for the background.  The sentiment is white heat embossed.

I photographed how I 'dry fit' the pieces and the process of creating this card.


Challenges:



Supplies:

White Embossing Powder

Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a sweet day!

8 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful take on the inspiration photo, Cindy - love it!

Lin said...

Oh wow, Cindy, I adore your design! Your soft colors are wonderful!

Julie B said...

Gorgeous bouquet of watercoloured flowers.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

May your home be filled with Christmas songs, cakes, candies and all the love that this festive season brings.

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful with such soft colours. Great take on the inspiration photo. Thanks for sharing at ATSM.

Helen Kalb said...

Very pretty card Cindy, such a fun challenge too!

desperatehousewifecraft said...

This is simply gorgeous Cindy, I love your soft water-colouring and the layout of your flowers! Wishing you a wonderfully creative 2019 dear. Hugs, Gwendolyn

ElizStewart said...

Truly a fabulous card...and wonderful inspiration!