Hello, and welcome back!
I am sharing a birthday card with Chinese Zodiac sign on Lunar New Year Challenge today.
The focal point is the adorable monkey from Clearly Besotted Year Of You stamp set. I stamped it with Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo), colored with both alcohol markers and coloring pencils, then hand cut. It is then adhered to a decorative panel die cut using Sunbird Spark Bellezza Frames Nested Dies in white and gold card stock.
The sentiment was die cut using Spellbinders Advent Calendar 2025 Day 21 Window in gold card stock, I die cut it three more times in white and glue all the layers together.
Both focal element and sentiment die cuts were adhered to a background panel which was stencil using Spellbinders Villa Tiles stencil (part of the weekender 2024 kit) with Pinkfresh Studio Premium Dye Ink (Coral Reef, Passion Fruit) and Altenew Shimmer Relief Pasted (Enchanted Gold).
For the very final touch, I applied Hero Arts Glimmer Metallic Ink (Gold) to the peach to make it shiny and highlighted with white gel pen.
In the inside of the card, I stamped "for your birthday".
Do you know that besides Chinese New Year, Lunar New Year cards, you can enter also birthday card or baby cards to the Lunar New Year Challenge? As long as your project features a Chinese Zodiac animal or have a strong Asian design element, you're good to go.
I hope I'll see you in the challenge gallery.


No comments:
Post a Comment