Followers

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Snail mail Cymbidium Orchid

 Hello,

A couple of days ago, I made a card with Spellbinders Susan Tierney-Cockburn's Cymbidium Orchid And Ladybugs Etched die. The dimensions of the orchid is incredible!!  But it will require special packaging to send thru the snail mail system.

Today I made a version that's snail mail friendly.  I minimize the shaping of the flowers, and I place the arrangement inside a raised rectangle frame (attached to card base with 1/8 inch thick foam adhesive).  So, even when the card is pressed down, it has at least 1/8 inch of buffer.

Here's the card before I put the card inside the envelope.


This is how it looks after I put it inside and envelope and press down as if I put sealing it.


It sure has lost some of the shaping.  But still it's not too bad.  Here's a side view.


There you have it!

Supplies:

Sunny Studio Slimline Scalloped Frame Die Set
Hero Arts Stamp Your Own Succulent Clear Stamp
Altenew Watercolor 36 Pan Set
Ranger Distress Ink (Evergreen Bough, Peeled Paint, Squeezed Lemonade, Crushed Olive, Mustard Seed)
Ranger Distress Spritz (Barn Door)
Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)
Copic Markers
Prismacolor Coloring Pencils


Thanks for coming over to my blog.  Have a lovely day!





2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Cindy - those orchids are so lifelike!! Gorgeous!!

Dawn T said...

totally awesome Cindy. It really is a stunner.