Followers

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Creations Scrapbook Centrale Creative Team Project 2024-Jun-05

Hello, welcome back!

This is my second post of the day.  To see my first post keep scrolling or click here for the short cut. 

This post is all about shaped card as well, and it's for the Creations Scrapbook Centrale fb group challenge for June, the theme is: Shaped Card (any shape except square and/or rectangle), and the color option is Fushia/Hot Pink.

I used a set of oval nested die for the base of the project.  Well, to make an oval shaped card stand is rather difficult, so I made it into an easel card.



I had so much fun putting the flowers together for this card, and the dimensions are really nice.  Not a card you could send thru the regular snail mail!

Here's a few photos to explain the basic construction of the card.

step 1: cut two panel using largest die, one for back panel, one for easel connection.  Cut again with largest die, but with the corresponding decorative oval die.  On the easel connection piece, make a mountain fold at mid-point, and a valley fold 1/2 inch from top.

step 2: glue the 1/2 flap at top of base panel.

step 3: glue the card front piece to the bottom flap of the easel connection piece.  You could do this step after you complete the card front.  Or just attach another layer on top of the card front.

To complete my card, I decorated the front before attaching to the easel.  Also I die cut another oval, inked and attached to the card base.  Also make a 'stopper' using the two smallest dies; it is attached with foam adhesive.


Supplies used for my project shown in photos below:



So happy you stopped by, have a wonderful day!!


2 comments:

Lin said...

Cindy, this is a treasure! I love that you used an oval shape, it goes so beautifully with these lovely flowers! Gorgeous work!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a stunning easel card with all the flowers, Cindy!! Love it!!