Followers

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Creations Scrapbook Centrale Creative Team Project 2024-Jan-27

 Hi,

Today I am sharing a Christmas card featuring an older stamp set that I have not pay enough attention to.  What prompted me to take it out from deep under the treasure pile, you ask?  

Well, the January challenge theme on Creations Scrapbook Centrale fb group is: make something old new again, along with the color blue, and New Year.

Let's see my card, then I'll explain.

This 2019 Hero Arts Color Layering Nordic Tree has been waiting to be inked up again, what time is better than the present to make something old new again?  I also used a Hero Arts ombre ink pad that I've neglected for a long time.  

On a white card stock panel, I stamp the base layer of the tree with the ombre ink, then gold heat embossed the detail layers and the poinsettia on top of the trees.  Next I slightly ink blended the background, then stamped the sentiment in black.  I adhered the panel to a dark navy blue panel and then onto a white card base.  I didn't use any foam adhesive, so it is perfect for snail mailing with basic postage.

One of my crafty New Year resolutions is to make matching envelope.  So I stamped the base layer with distress ink, and stamped the detail layer with gold metallic pigment ink on the flap of the envelope.


I am linking up to these challenges:




Supplies used are shown in photographs below:



Thanks for visiting.  Happy crafting!


3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Ooooooo, this is lovely, Cindy! I do love Nordic style cards and this one is a beauty. I'd have probably chosen red for my trees, but your colour choice is so much better and looks terrific. Thanks for playing along with Linda and me, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love what you've done with the Nordic tree set, Cindy - fun to see it out again! Thanks for linking up to Christmas Kickstart too!! Linda the Elf :)

Dawn T said...

What a great looking card Cindy. It's fabulous