Followers

Thursday, October 5, 2023

 Hi, so nice to see you again.

It's my turn to share another inspiration project on Die Cut Divas Challenge Blog today.


A few days ago, I created a holiday card using the Forest Leaf and Berries Contour Layers die set from Birch Press Design.  

Today I made another using the same die for an everyday card.  I die cut and layered the parts, and glued them on a Pinpoint Contour die.  Added sentiment strip, embellished with sequins and applied Clear Wink of Stella on the berries' top for final touch.


October's theme is: Use Layer Die Set or Layer a die on another die.  May be you don't have a layer die set, but below is an example layering a die on another.


The 'hugs' was die cut three times (twice on plain white card stock, once on inked panel), I layered and glue all three together.  Then I layered this thick die onto the pre-arranged leaves and berries die cuts.  See?!  So simple.  
Btw, I only use the base layer of both berries and leaves.  To give dimension to the berries, I placed the base layer die cut (of cream card stock) onto a sticky mat.  Then I place the negative piece over it, and use an ink blending tool to apply a darker shade of ink.


Then I use a shaping tool to add some roundness to the berries.  The leaves were edged with distress ink and slightly shaped. 


I hope I've inspired you to come and join our challenge.  Click here to go to Die Cut Divas, then click the Monthly Challenge button on the right side bar to get all the details.  

To play, use any products you desired and die cuts following the monthly challenge theme.  Project must be new and has not been published before, and you must add a link back to our challenge post.

Our October challenge is sponsor by: Birch Press Design.




Supplies:

Altenew Stunning Sakura Clear Stamp Set [I use the sentiment from this set only]
Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)
Clear Wink of Stella
Ranger Distress Ink (Peeled Paint, Wild Honey)
Copic Marker


Thanks for coming over.  Have a sweet day!

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous berry cards, Cindy!! Just love how you shared using a holiday set for everyday use! The berries stenciled with a negative are wonderful too!!

Arlene said...

How very clever to use just the base layer. And I love that cover plate too. Two beautiful cards.

Dawn T said...

Absolutely stunning cards Cindy. Love the tip about inking using the negative die cuts to all the look of layering.