Followers

Friday, March 3, 2023

Scrapbook Centrale Creative Team Project 2023-Mar-03

 Happy Friday!

It's my turn to post on Creation Scrapbook Centrale FB page today.  Our March challenge theme: The Arts.  For the first week of March, we concentrate on using Embossing Powder and Watercolors in our art projects.


I first created the 'watercolor look' background by 'ink-smooshing' with distress inks.  Next I stamped the floral image with Soft Granite Shadow ink.  Then I used Tim Holtz's Distress Watercolor Pencil to color the stamp, spritz with water and stamp.  I did it in several passes once with each of the different colors.  After the stamped images is dried, I stamped with watermark ink and clear embossed it.  

The clear embossing intensified the watercolored image.


Next came the rest of the stamping, the large butterfly, and the post marks.  I distressed the edges and added sentiment banners.  Lastly I adhereed to a warm grey card base.

Main supplies in the photos below.



Thanks for coming over, have an crafty day!!

Challenges:






3 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Cindy. Love the really arty look.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - love this, Cindy! Thanks for sharing all the steps - that flower looks amazing!!

Karen L K said...

Lot's of cool things going on! Great idea to color on the stamp and then heat emboss over it!