Followers

Sunday, February 5, 2023

The Golden Lotus on Die Cut Divas

 Hi,

I went all out with the 'Add Some Gold' challenge theme on my Die Cut Divas project today.  Yeah, I went gold, gold and gold!


I first ink blended the background panel with distress inks and Hero Arts Water Flow Slimline Stencil.  Even though it's a slimline stencil, one doesn't need to use it as is.  I ink blended a small area at a time and move the stencil around. 

Then I applied embossing ink with an inking tool over the stencil and heat embossed with gold embossing powder over a small area and moved the stencil to another place on the panel and repeat.  Then I heat embossed the sentiment with a finer gold embossing powder on the panel, then adhered it to a white card base (top fold).

The lotus flower and leaves are gold heat embossed and watercolored on a sperate piece of lightweight mixed media paper, then die cut.  I attached them to the card front with foam adhesive and glue.  And embellished with gold sequins.

This month's challenge is Add Some Gold (heat embossing, foiling, gold pen, gold thread,
gold gems/sequins/enamel dots...) on Die Cut Divas.  Ha!  I think I added plenty.  Now it's your turn, bring out your favorites gold crafty supplies and play.  I'll see you in the challenge gallery!

Hero Arts is our sponsor this month, winner would receive $25 gift card to their store.


The Hero Floral Lotus Stamp and Frame Cut I used on my project has been retired, but these other beautiful lotus/water lily stamp sets are great additions to your stash.  Hero Arts Water Lilies Fancy Dies, Hero Arts Color Layering Dragonfly, Hero Arts Koi Bunch.

Supplies:

Hero Arts Hero Floral Lotus Stamp and Frame Cut (retired)
Ranger Distress Inks (Crushed Olive, Tumbled Glass)
Versamark Watermark Ink
WOW Metallic Gold Rich Super Fine Embossing Powder
Gold Embossing Powder (brand forgotton)
Altenew Antique Gold Sequins

Thanks for coming over to my blog, have a lovely day!

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning background with all the stenciled layers, Cindy - love it!! Perfect for you gold embossed flowers!!

Arlene said...

So beautiful. It's quite mesmerizing.

Maureen Morton said...

This is simply terrific - very dream-like and beautiful!

Dawn T said...

Delightful card Cindy. Love all the gold accents.