Followers

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Add some gold with Hero Arts on Die Cut Divas

Hello there,

It's February 1st, and it's time for a new challenge on Die Cut Divas.  

Our challenge theme this month: Add some gold - heat embossing, foiling, gold pen, gold thread,
gold gems/sequins/enamel dots... something GOLD.  Our sponsor this month is Hero Arts, and the challenge prize is $25 gift card to the store.

Here's my project.




There is a funny story about my background panel.  Did I create that intentionally, no!!  I was working on another project one day, and I had a big spill of Nuvo Sparkle Cream Gold spray.  I didn't want it to go to waste, so I picked up whatever that was close by (happened to be a piece of black cardstock), and pour and splatter the spilled content on it.  LOL 

I used metallic gold ink to add some finer splatter to the background.  I heat embossed the sentiment with Brass embossing powder.   Then heat embossed the other two images with the same embossing powder on black cardstock, colored with metallic watercolor and die cut, and adhere to the panel with foam adhesive.

The Hero Arts Color Layering Moth Stamp and Die set has retired,  but I think the Hero Arts Color Layering Monarch set would make a beautiful substitute.

The card in real life is quite sparkly, my photo does not do it justice.  😕

Looking forward to seeing you in the challenge gallery.  Click Here to get all the details and check out the inspirations project by the rest of the team.

Supplies:

Hero Arts Color Layering Moth Clear Stamp Set
Hero Arts Color Layering Moth Frame Cut
Nuvo Sparkle Spray (Cream Gold)
Altenew Metallic Watercolors
Versamark Watermark Ink


Thanks for coming over to visit, have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love all the gold splatters for your moth, Cindy!! Funny how those accidents can result in gorgeous cards!!

Arlene said...

Sometimes the accidents create even more gorgeous results than one expects. Love the card.