Followers

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday Jan 2023

 Hi,

I am joining Amy Tsuruta for Woodblock Wednesday today.  I used one of my oldest woodblock stamp (Floating Hearts) sent to me by Hero Arts after I entered their 'mail-in' card challenge even though I didn't win.  Their kind act encouraged me to keep on trying.  


I created the main panel with heat embossing, watercoloring, and masking; and matted it with a couple layer of card stock.  Very simple.  But I did add a coat of glossy accent on the red heart.




Woodblock I used are:

Hero Arts Floating Hearts F2818
Hero Arts Old Letter Writing S4878

Other supplies includes:
Hero Arts Mid-tone Shadow ink (Wet Cement)
Versamark Watermark Ink
Brass Embossing Powder
Glossy Accent

Challenges:








Thanks for coming over to my blog.  Have a very good day!!




6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable hearts atop the text, Cindy!

~amy~ said...

Love the backstory on the heart stamp. Your card is beautiful and I love Hero Arts!
Thanks for playing along with Woodblock Wednesday!

Lin said...

Wonderful to see these classics being used again, Cindy! Love the combination of script with those sweet hearts!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Cindy:
First, please let me say THANK YOU for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. It always means a lot to me when you stop by to share your creativity and talents. Your card is lovely.

I also wanted to reply to the message you left on my blog regarding my link--up at Die-Cut-Divas Challenge. I believe that the reason why you (and your DT) are having trouble with my link is because I was on a cruise (down the Mexican Riviera) when I entered my card. Subsequently, I was only able to link the URL to my blog in general and not my URL to that specific post (like is preferable). It just wouldn't allow it. If you think it's better, I can delete my entry and re-enter it. Just let me know. I made that card especially for your challenge. So sorry that the technology in Mexico didn't allow me to enter it properly. Thanks for your understanding. (while they "look out" for you, I got several emails telling me there was "suspicious activity" on my account. I don't normally enter things through my phone so that's what caused the drama. I do apologize. Thanks for the FUN challenges.

Hope you're having a great week, and thanks so much again for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'll see you again soon in blog land.

Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - Personal Blog
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - Challenge Blog














Michelle Lupton said...

Such a lovely card, Cindy! Thanks so much for playing along with A Blog Named Hero for the Stay Crafty Challenge :)

Lara Rizzotto @craft.and.shine said...

Beautiful card! Thank you very much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge!