Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Watercolor background on Die Cut Divas

 Hi,

Today I am sharing another watercolor project on Die Cut Divas, even though I brought the watercolor to the background, it is still quite predominant.


I started off by putting some watercolors on my craft mat, then spritzed with water. I placed a watercolor paper panel onto the colors, dab and let it absorb the colors.  I dried the first layer, and repeat with the process until I am happy with it.

Next I spritzed some metallic ink in some of the areas, this creates a resist.   I repeated the previous step a couple more time to add even more colors.  Then I sandwich the watercolor panel with a die and silicon mat and passed it thru the die cut machine.  This create the embossed effect without cutting the paper.  I then rub a white ink pad on the raise area, heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  

The following steps were to die cut using black cardstock, and glue it in the indented place.  I adhere this to a black panel, and then onto card base.   And attached the sentiment strip.


I hope you're inspired to join in Die Cut Diva's October - Watercolor challenge.  So bring those watercolor out and play, remember to use your die cut machine to die cut and/or dry emboss one or more element(s) on your project to qualify for the prize draw.

Altenew is our sponsor this month, and the challenge prize is Altenew Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set ($49.99 USD value is the prize ).   Altenew will issue a 100% discount code to the winner.





Supplies:

Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)
Clear Embossing Powder
Versamark Watermark Ink
Hero Arts Hero Hues Dye Ink (White)

So glad you stopped by, have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

A stunning background Cindy. Lovely card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your fabulous watercolored background, Cindy! Beautiful colors and I love the added metallic shimmer!!