Followers

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Christmas Cards 2022-Oct-06

 Hello there,

Are you making Christmas cards yet?  I am.  Today's card features LDRS Layered Poinsettia Die Set.  The background panel is one of many left over pieces that didn't quite work for the originally intended project, but it works here.


I first painted a watercolor panel in crimson with various values, and another in green.  After they dried I sprayed with mica stain.  This gives that wonderful shimmer.  I then die cut both flower and leaves, applied archival Acorn ink to some area to make them darker; assemble and adhere to my prepared card front.  And added the sentiment strip.




Challenges:








Supplies:

Versamark Watermark Ink
Wow Metallic Gold Rich Super Fine Embossing Powder

  Thanks for coming over to my blog.  Have a great day!



3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - beautiful poinsettia, Cindy!! And I love the background - always fun when something that didn't work before suddenly fits perfectly!!

Dawn T said...

what a stunning Poinsettia Cindy. Just a gorgeous card.

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart, Cindy, your card is a total stunner and no mistake, Jo x