Followers

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Lotus and Koi

 Happy Saturday everyone!

It's crafting time!  😁  I made another mini slimline card today.

First time using my Hero Floral Lotus Stamp set.  I stamped and watercolored the flower and leaves on a light weight mix media paper, then die cut.  I use the same weight paper and trimmed a card base and watercolored and stamped the background (water and Koi).  And I hand drew some stems for the flower and leaves, and some underwater grass. I also used a white gel pen to highlight the surface of the water. I glue the lotus flower and leaves in the last step to complete the card.

Challenges:

A Blog Named Hero March 2021 Challenge - Floral 








Supplies:

Hero Arts Delicate Leaf Cluster Stamp Set
Altenew Watercolor 36 Pan Set
Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
Hero Arts Shadow Ink (Soft Granite)

Thanks for visiting me.  Have a wonderful day!



6 comments:

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful card Cindy. It is really stunning.

fairyrocks said...

The way you did the Koi in the water with the lotus in the
foreground gives this card a magical dimension.
Keep smiling and creating.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Quite gorgeous with the koi and the lotus images. I love the slimline design too!

Anna M. said...

Wow! I love how you made the scene look so realistic! So so beautiful!
Thank you so much for joining our A Blog Named Hero challenge!
Anna @Crafty Anna Studio
A Blog Named Hero Design Team

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Another gorgeous mini, Cindy - love the koi!!

Cardogram said...

I love the whole layout of all the elements and the coloring.. It is gorgeous.. 😍 Thank you for playing along at A Blog Named Hero Challenge DT Dhruvika @the_cardogram