Followers

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Garden Trellis Poinsettia on Die Cut Divas

 Happy September 1st!!


The last quarter of 2020 is kicking in, how are feeling about that?  But whatever feeling you may have I hope you'd enjoy some crafty time and join in our new challenge at Die Cut Divas


This month's challenge theme is: Holidays.  Pick any holiday of your choice and create a card or a paper craft project with die cut and/or embossing folder.  Something must have pass thru your die cut machine on your project.  Cheapo Dies is our sponsor and they are offering a $15 gift certificate as prize to our challenge winner.  Cheapo Dies carries lots of known die brands like Altenew, Elizabeth Craft Designs, Memory Box, Sizzix, Hero Arts, PoppyStamps, Lawn Fawn and a whole lot more.


I picked Christmas as my inspiration project.  I used Altenew Garden Trellis Cover Die and did partial die cutting on the card front to create a 'see through' card.  I am inspired by both Lydia Evans's videoJennifer McGuire's video, but I didn't have thin transparency so I skip it.  Let's take a look.



The card stock I used is 110 lb so it is quite sturdy and the poinsettia blooms sort of reinforced it.

I added a gold embossed sentiment and added small drops of Gold Glitter in the center of the blooms.


Do stop by Die Cut Divas and see what my team mates created for you.  I look forward seeing your projects in the challenge gallery!


Supplies:

Altenew Garden Trellis Cover Die (available at Cheapo Dies)

Hero Arts Color Layering Poinsettia

Hero Arts Color Layering Poinsettia Frame Cuts

Hero Arts Vintage Christmas Post 

Ranger Distress Inks (Barn Door, Abandon Coral, Walnut Stain,  Shabby Shutter, Peeled Paint, Chipped Sapphire)

Hero Arts Mid-tone Shadow Inks (Red Royal, Butter Bar)

Ranger Platinum Stickles

American Craft Gold Metallic Ink

Gold Embossing Powder


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.  I wish you a beautiful day!!



4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your trio of poinsettias on the open trellis cover die, Cindy! Why bother with acetate - this looks amazing!! Love the variation of colors on your poinsettia leaves too!!

Betty said...

just so lovely, Cindy - cover die is perfect background for your gorgeous poinsettias!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is gorgeous and I love the poinsettias and the see through design.

Karen L K said...

So pretty Cindy! Just love those flowers over the cover die! And like Linda said who needs the acetate it looks great as is.