Followers

Friday, June 5, 2020

May Flower Marlene Challenge

Hi, welcome to my blog!!

In the past 32 days I've taken on a challenge call May Flower Marlene hosted by Jenn Colahan, an Art By Marlene promote team member, over on FB; in a group named Art By Marlene Creatives.   

We create using the daily prompt and share our work.  Of course, as titled, flower is key, and we must use Art By Marlene products as the focal elements.

I decided to make a mini book, one page for each prompt except the mid point of the book was a double page.  I struggled with many prompts, but I didn't give up.  Today is the last prompt: Floral Cover, instead of a page inside the book, I work on the cover for this book.  It is all finished and I am quite happy with the result.

Front Cover

Back Cover

A quick flip thru the book to show all the pages.

The cover is die cut using a book die: STENCILBM04, but the content is a bit thick, so I did a little 'surgery' and extended the book bind so the cover is wide enough to cover all the pages.

This the original size of the outer die cut.

I cut out the small flap, then cut down the middle of the book shape, and use the small flap as the bind the two covers.  You could see it in the photos below.



Art By Marlene Products:

StudioLight Cutting Die STENCILBM04
StudioLight Die Cut Blok03
StudioLight Die Cut Blok04
StudioLight STAMPBM41
StudioLight Ricepaper RICEBM01
StudioLIght Ricepaper RICEBM03
The Crafters Workshop Stencil Botanical Dream

Thanks for stopping by.   I wish you a beautiful day!!



3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a delightful book, Cindy!! Looks like a lot of work but you must've enjoyed it :) Such wonderful colors and details - a treasure for sure!!

Claire said...

Wow.so.much work. But a truly wonderful result

Dawn T said...

Fantastic Cindy.