Followers

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Christmas cards 2019-Apr-11

Hello,

Slowly but surely I am adding to my Christmas card stash.  The special thing about today's card is that I did some stamping with alcohol ink.  Yes, I inked up my rubber stamp and stamped the background of my card.


I started by placing some drops of alcohol ink onto the applicator felt and inked my rubber stamp then stamped on a Yupo paper panel.  After I stamped on the Yupo panel I tapped the Alcohol Lift-ink pad on my tap and stamped off in my art journal.


This panel is 8.5 by 5.5 inches.  I cut it into two panels.  On one of them I splattered some Cranberry  alcohol ink and glimmer gold ink.


Next step I stamped the sentiment, then added a couple die cut pine branches, and a couple of watercolored Cardinal birds.  And I stamped a matching envelope too.  :)



Challenges:





Supplies:

Memory Box Pine Branch Cutting Die
Ranger Alcohol Ink (Lettuce, Cranberry, Stream)

I am so happy you stop by, have a great rest of the day!

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Cindy I had NO idea this was even possible! How gorgeous! and such a pretty place for your Cardinals to spend Christmas! xx
=] Michele

Dawn T said...

totally gorgeous Cindy. Love the background and your cardinals are fabulous.

Debbie said...

Wow! What a beautiful card! The BG you created is amazing!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Angela said...

Wow this card is really amazing and I love the background.♥ Thanks a lot for joining us at our Feature a Creature Challenge by
Sparkles Christmas Challenge
Good luck and hope to see you again.
Hugs and greetings Angela DT

laurie said...

Gorgeous background...beautiful card!Thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers,so glad you joined us!