Followers

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Mermaid Birthday Wishes

Hello,

Other than Christmas cards, birthday cards is the other type of cards I need the most.  I am always building up a stash of them too.  For this one I used Hero Art Mermaid Kisses.


I usually photograph my card against a black background, but I see a lot of artists "stage" their card so beautifully, I want to give it a try too.  :)



So what do you think?  Which photo is more appealing?  But honestly I think I need a lot more practice.  :)


Challenges:







Supplies

Hero Arts Mermaid Kisses Clear Stamp
Hero Arts Mermaid Kisses Frame Cut
Hero Arts Everything Smiles Stamp and Cut
Avery Elle Simply Said: Happy Clear Stamp
Tim Holtz Sizzix Cracked Embossing Folder
Ranger Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Peeled Paint, Chipped Sapphire)
Hero Arts Shadoe Ink (Soft Granite)
Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
Alternew Watercolor 36 Pan Set

Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you a lovely day!


8 comments:

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Cindy. I like both photos

Virginia L. said...

I love how you put all the elements together!! Totally lovely, Cindy!Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s “Show & Share”! FABULOUS!

Maureen Morton said...

I really love the softness and the wonderful texture on this gem, Cindy! I've tried to stage my photos but it just didn't work for me....it is hard enough getting the right light, the photo straight, etc. But, I do love the look and you did an amazing job!

Betty said...

such a pretty mermaid birthday card - love the soft colors, Cindy - your staging is great- i think it makes cards more interesting.

Kara Lynne said...

I love your beautiful mermaid and her gorgeous underwater scene, Cindy! I've been wondering about staging too lately. Yours looks perfect, but I like the black background too. The staging gives more interest, but the black helps me focus directly on the card. I'm no help with that answer, but, like I said, I've been wondering that too.

Greta said...

Neat background & beautiful card, Cindy! I like some staging, but must say the card really pops with the black background!

HilaryJane said...

Both photos are great. The first highlights the supplies used and the second the card itself. I am like you, I see these wonderful pictures others do and then think mine aren't good enough! xx

Arlene said...

I like the photos of both cards. The staged one is good to show the items and well organized for the photo shot, but the second photo shot shows me the card so I can concentrate on the card itself and the details and I always like to see the details.

Now on the card. I love the embossed background and all your colors and details.